Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Note of Thanks



Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

Dear Sisters,

Fall is my favorite season of the year.  I'm sort of kicking myself for not getting out and taking some pictures of the colors this fall and now it's too late because most leaves are off the trees.  Some parts of the country are even getting buried in the snow.

I love the colors of fall.  The reds and oranges in the trees can be vibrant and warming.  The coolness in the air means hot beverages to drink and warm clothes to wear.  The cooler weather is a good excuse to knit warm and wooly things.  I love fall.

Fall is also a season of thanksgiving.  Canada had their Thanksgiving holiday in October and America has theirs today.  For many of us it is a time to be with family or if family is too far away, we spend time with friends.  While together with others we enjoy a meal (whether fancy or simple), enjoy the fellowship (watching the game or working in the kitchen or stories around the table), and share out that for which we are thankful.


 Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving; 
let us make a joyful noise to Him with songs of praise!  Psalm 95:2
And let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, 
and tell of His deeds in songs of joy!  Psalm 107:22
I hope, dear sisters, that you are thankful more than once a year.   I hope that on a daily basis you can honestly say that you are thankful for God's love and the grace that He has shown to you.  Be sure you tell Him that too.  :)

A few weeks ago during a study I was doing through Philippians, I ran across the verses at the beginning of this post.   As I read the verses I started to cry.  I thought back to events earlier in the summer when I was in pain and how even through that pain, God's peace was there.  His peace did surpass all human understanding; I can't explain it with the right words.  It was a peace that was protecting my heart and mind.  Yes, there was still pain but His peace was still there in the midst of the pain.  Through my tears I thanked God for His presence, peace, and protection during my time of pain.

Have you shared with someone else lately why you are thankful for what God has done for you?  I would like to challenge you, sisters, to tell at least one person during this holiday season about what God has done for you.  Has He protected you, provided you with peace, saved you by His grace?  Tell someone about it.

May your holiday season be full of thanks for our God and Savior.

Sincerely,
Sister Jane
Psalms 18:30

No comments:

Post a Comment