Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Up for a challenge?

So, are you up for a challenge?  I know I am.  

Truly, I don't always respond positively to challenges but this is one that I think God wants me to accept.  Would you be willing to join the Sisters of the convent as we challenge ourselves this next year?  What is the challenge you may ask?  Well, we have challenged ourselves to read through the Bible again this next year.  Some of us were able to meet the challenge last year and want to challenge ourselves to do it again.  Additionally we have challenged ourselves to pray for the entire world this next year.  This challenge was not met very well last year so we decided to challenge ourselves again. 

Why read the Word? Why not!  If I truly love my savior, wouldn't I want to listen to Him and get to know Him better?  A quick glance through Psalms 119 gave the Sisters enough reasons to choose to repeat the scripture reading challenge this next year.
Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.  Your commandments make me wiser than my enemies, for it is ever with me... I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep your word...Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.  Psalm 119:97-98, 101, 104 (ESV)
The scripture is full of references I could use to convince you to make the choice to read His Word.  Go ahead, read the Word and find some for yourself.   I can't give all of the references to you; that wouldn't make this a challenge for you.

Why pray for the world?  Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you. 2 Thessalonians 3:1 (ESV) We need to pray that the Lord's work continue in all countries around the world.  His Word needs to spread.  I can't personally travel to all of the countries around the world and share the gospel.  God has not provided me with those kinds of funds but He also hasn't gifted me with the ability to speak many languages to make the sharing of His Word possible. He has provided me with a desire to pray that others fulfill His work abroad while I seek to fulfill His work here.  My job, my church, and the Convent are my ministry locations; my Jerusalem (Acts 1:8.) I will pray for and support those who have been called of God to go out into the rest of the world to do His work.

If you've decided to join the Sisters, we have posted our Bible Reading and Prayer Calendar on the Convent's website for assistance as you meet your challenge this next year.  If two challenges are too much for you, just pick one challenge to meet this year.

Please join the Sisters in our challenge.  May God speak to you and guide you as you dig deeper into His Word.

Sister Jane
Romans 14:8

ps: For those who know Sister Jane personally, thank you for letting me know that you've been reading the blog.  It warms my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment